Thursday, January 06, 2005

Sabotage!

Okay, so from now through January 16 I have one goal: to stay injury and illness-free. Simple? Not when my spouse comes home and announces he has a cold!

"Just stay away from me," is his answer.

Uh, right. And that would be by moving into a motel for the duration, or what?

What gets me is that he did this to me before the Iron Star Tri, too. (I'm not trying to suggest anything here, but the coincidence is odd, isn't it?) I didn't get sick that time and I'm using the same regimen now as before to try to ward off illness: echinacea, olive leaf, zinc, vitamin C, regular multi-vitamin, garlic extract, sleep, chicken soup, good nutrition and anything else my panicked little brain can think of. I'm also washing my hands like mad and wiping down doorknobs and other often-touched surfaces with 99% isopropyl alcohol. If he tries to tell me he's not that germy, like he did last time, he'll get an emphatic, "Oh yes you are!" from me.

Grrr.... Anyone got a spare bedroom my germy husband can live in for the next week and a half?

Recent Workouts
Tuesday: 45 minutes core and stretch cords, 1 hour elliptical
Wednesday: 45 minutes core and stretch cords, 45 minutes Spinervals, 3.0 Suffer-O-Rama
Today: TBA

No comments: