Monday, August 14, 2006

NEWS!!!

The very first agent I queried about Tin Soldier has requested the first 30 pages!!!

OMG!!! I just know I'm going to print it out and immediately think it SUCKS!

(Yeah, yeah, I know it doesn't, but... you know.)

Now, just to keep things in perspective here, publishing is a business. Regardless of skill or talent (assuming I have any), an agent has to think s/he can successfully market my book. This is not ars gratia aris, here. I know that. And I'm totally okay with it. Really.

But...

My very first query ended up with a request for a partial!!!

I'm off to hyperventilate, now...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hurray!

Rachel said...

Wow! That's so cool. Okay, now I'm motivated to try it for myself. I'll have to read what you have up now! I'm sure it's great. We're always our own worst critics. I've gone back and read my own stuff, and I hate all of it.

The Wanderer said...

Like I always tell people. If you are good you are going to get noticed...no matter how bad you think you are ;)

LauraHinNJ said...

Hope you've finished hyperventilating by now...

Congrats! How cool!

Bolder said...

forget the publisher.

i wanna know what the bunny thought of it?

two raised ears? it'll be a success!!