Thursday, November 11, 2004

Bunny Alert!

I got an email from Mary, my massage therapist, that there was a domestic rabbit running around loose at the picnic loop Tuesday night. Domestic rabbits don't live long in the wild, so I've asked Mary for more information and I'll try to go over there tonight and see if the bunny is still there. She said it was trying to cross the road, so I'm not feeling optimistic.

Not much else is going on. We had a managers' meeting here at work and luckily it didn't bore me silly. It didn't run on forever, either. On top of that, I've been asked to do only two impossible things today! Will wonders never cease?

It's supposed to turn cooler tonight, just in time for the weekend. I can't help wondering if the weather will ever turn cooler and stay that way, or if we'll just keep having these one or two cool days as a tease followed by a return to temps in the 80s. It's getting really old. It's not that I particularly like cooler weather, but I get so bored wearing the same things all the time. I know I'm not the only one. The instant the temps drop below 80, people start showing up in sweaters. We're really not that wimpy down here in the South! It just gets tiresome to wear summer clothes all year long. Being able to even remotely justify a sweater is a novelty. So quit laughing at us, Yankees!

Bunny Update:

Well, I walked around the area Mary described, as well as the adjoining areas, but no bunny. Hopefully someone saw it Tuesday or Wednesday and gave it a home. If Dan is interested, maybe we'll go back later tonight. It seems likely that it's gone, though. Hopefully a coyote didn't get it. I don't know why people insist on dumping pets when there are shelters all over this city. Domestic animals just cannot survive in the wild! I wish I knew what was so hard to understand about this.

It was nice up at the picnic loop this evening. I ended up wishing I had taken my bike with me because there weren't a lot of hammerheads out there zipping around in pace lines, trying to be like Lance. In fact, it wasn't very crowded at all. Maybe I'll go up there and ride one day after work next week. I don't mind being on the trainer watching a Spinervals video, getting yelled at by Coach Troy, but now that there won't be as many opportunities to get out on the roads, I should make a point of doing what I can.

Today's Workouts:
Morning: Abs and upper body
Mid-Day: 30 minute walk
Evening: TBA. Probably elliptical, since it's too late now for kickboxing or pilates class.

No comments: