Thursday, July 06, 2006

Third Time's the Charm

I left work today thinking I'd like to go for a run. But it was pretty hot and humid, so I decided to do a gym workout instead.

I was in no mood for a gym workout, but I was game. Until I got down there and found that the a/c was on the fritz and it was just as hot in the gym as outside, but with less of a breeze.

Suddenly the run didn't seem like such a terrible idea, after all. That is, until I realized that heavy black rain clouds were moving in fast. I almost went ahead with it anyway, but these clouds looked like they meant business!

By now I was pissed. I went back upstairs, endured the looks of annoyance from the pets (Okay, okay, humans are indecisive too, sometimes!), set up the bike and did a spin session. Thankfully, nothing went wrong this time.

Sometimes the hardest thing isn't the workout, it's getting to do the workout at all!

Recent Workouts
Sunday: 90 minute spin
Monday: 5 mile run
Tuesday: 30 minute elliptical
Wednesday: too lazy
Thursday: 45 minute spin