Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Odds and Ends

It's another quiet week at the office. The boss is out with pneumonia. Other than needing his signature on a few things, this boss-free stuff is pretty cool. Very relaxing.

My week got off to a slow start on the No Limits front, though. My Monday meeting ran late and I got home tired and hungry to find my husband in the middle of bureaucratic phone hell with the bank and student loan people. And of course now that I was home, I became go-to gal for all his questions. Oh, man. Didn't I just put close to ten hours of this sort of thing? And get paid for it? I put in some earplugs around 7:00 pm and told him I was taking a nap just so I could get some peace from all the pestering. And you know what? By the time I woke up two hours later, he had figured it all out.

Imagine that. Big baby didn't need me after all. I knew it all along.

My sleep has been really messed up lately and the Monday nap wasn't the half of it. I'm doing so much writing, both in pixels and in my head that I can't seem to turn it off and rest. It's nice when it's all flowing so easily, but it can quickly become an obsession. But at the rate I'm going maybe I can have a completed draft by March and begin editing. It's easier to put editing on a time schedule and then I'll have more time for little things like sleep.

And swimming.

I know, I know, I know. I really need to hit the pool. I'm even thinking of reviving my membership at the university rec center just to increase my pool options. I could go right after work, before I have a chance to come up with excuses.

So maybe I'll get off my duff and do that this week. Boss is out, after all. Who's gonna know if I leave for half an hour?

Today's Workouts
20 minute core and strength training
30 minute elliptical

2 comments:

Cliff said...

I would take advantage of the pool if I work in the university.

This way, less time spent on commute and more time spend sleeping :)

Ellie Hamilton said...

Hang in there, Bunny Girl! (love the bunny-ears pic above, btw...)