Sunday, August 19, 2007

Almost Done!

While Dan did the windows, I did the floors at the old place. You can now eat off those floors, although I don’t particularly recommend it. We’ve brought over all the stuff we’re keeping except the patio furniture, which we'll bring over this week. We’ve also got bags and bags of stuff we’re giving to charity lined up along one wall in the living room. I’ll have to go over sometime this week and take those up the road to the Salvation Army store.

And that’s it on the apartment. We’ve got a table and loveseat in storage to bring over to the garage apartment, and I think there’s some books there, too. Not only can I clothe a third-world country with what I’m giving away, I could probably stock a few libraries too. Sheesh. But I guess if I’m going to collect things, books and clothes aren’t so bad. At least they’re useful and can be easily given away.

I’m rapidly working through the boxes in the house. There are no more boxes to unpack in the kitchen, and only two remaining in the living room. I got the shoes and winter closet organized, and got the bathroom organized for good measure. I also bought some rain boots today, so I’m ready for rainy days now. No more walking around puddles—I’ll just go right through them like a duck!

I’ve still got a lot of outstanding things to do, including getting my asthma meds renewed, and putting a new battery in the RX-7 and selling it. I want to do these things this week, if at all possible with fiscal year-end at the office making my life hell.

But I’m seeing glimpses of the light at the end of the tunnel. My plan is to be done with everything associated with the move by the end of the month, and I’m right on track. Most of the time my attitude remains upbeat, although there are moments when it feels overwhelming. I’m finally getting caught up on my sleep again though, which helps a lot.

It also helps that I’ve been able to work out every other day or so, I’ve kept up with my fiction blog postings, and I’ve kept my nightly routine of yogi tea while reading my friends’ blogs and working on another fiction project I have going on. My progress has slowed considerably, but I do something on my creative projects each night. It keeps me grounded and reminds me why I’m doing all this. After all, the whole point of doing the unpleasant stuff in life is to get through to the good stuff.


















Part of my new kitchen. I just love those glass bricks!

9 comments:

Moby Dick said...

Those glass bricks are really cool! You have a beautiful home!!

Rachel said...

Ugh. Moving sucks. Way to be so positive. I love the tile on the kitchen floor.

Zinger said...

congrats and glad you're getting settled - lots of work and tiring but what an awesome blessing too!
carri ann
aka archi's mum

Jill said...

Congratulations on the new house. But I need more pictures!

Jill said...

BTW...saw Tidbit's book at Dr. Jordan's office. You have such a talented little bunny!

Ann (bunnygirl) said...

OMG, Jill, seriously? Tid asked me to give him one of her books a couple years ago, but I had no idea it would be put someplace where visitors could see it! She'll be so happy to hear. Maybe she'll give Dr Jordan one of her calendars for next year.

Crabby McSlacker said...

Beautiful kitchen! It sounds like despite all the hassles, the move is turning out to be a great thing.

Even Tidbit (above; I'm coming in a bit late) looks quite pleased!

Vickie said...

Glad you are finally getting done with the move.

Kate Thornton said...

Beautiful kitchen! I too love those glass bricks *and* the gorgeous checkerboard floor.