Saturday, July 11, 2009

Saturday Long Run: Hip Update

I had a good run today, except for the blister that I inexplicably woke up with this morning. How did I get a blister on my toe in my sleep?

Anyway, a blister was a lot easier to deal with than last weekend's sinus headache that had me nearly in tears every time I moved, so that was a good thing. I got to the park by 5:30 and did the eighteen-mile run I had been unable to do last Saturday.

I had a very nice run and although I had to stop and stretch my hip every couple miles after mile ten, I wasn't in any real discomfort until around mile seventeen. It's too early to say if this is because of my new hip exercises or if it's because I had to cut last weekend's run short because of my headache, so I'll just say it was a nice run, I was happy with it, and that's good enough for me.

5 comments:

DKM said...

Seventeen miles! I'd have passed out by then.

Glenna said...

Wow--17 miles--I agree with DKM! I have a sinus headache recipe which works for me. Bear in mind I seldom, if ever, take anything OTC because I prefer for the body to take care of itself. But sinus headaches are murder for the day, so I buy a squirt bottle of 4-Way nasal spray and use it as suggested, just once or maybe a second application. Then I pop 2 aspirin or 1 motrin right after the squirt and that usually takes care of it.

Ann (bunnygirl) said...

Glenna, the sinus headache was one I foolishly gave myself. I know better than to take an antihistamine when I'm having allergies, but last Friday, after several hours of non-stop sneezing, I took a Zyrtec. It dried me up, but blocked up everything in my sinuses. It took most of the week for me to get over that.

It happens every time and I knew better.

RoadBunner said...

18 miles is no joke! I'm glad you had a nice run. I am crossing my fingers the hip exercises are doing something!

Thomma Lyn said...

I'm glad you had a good run, and I hope your hip exercises are helping! :)