Sunday, December 27, 2009

Review: Bike-O-Vision

One of my Christmas presents this year was a new spin video, Bike-O-Vision #4: California Coast. The video takes the viewer through Big Sur, Santa Cruz, Santa Barbara, and other scenic places along the Pacific coast.

The entrancing scenery was enough to keep me happy and motivated throughout the 75-minute long video. My only complaint, and it's a quibble, is that there is no time counter at the bottom of the screen. Anyone who regularly uses Coach Troy's Spinervals or Chris Carmichael's Train Right series will find it a bit frustrating to not have that counter, not only to know when the video will be over, but for the purpose of doing time-based sprint drills.

Overall, though, this is a great addition to my cycling video library, and I'll be using it again. I'll just have to set up a clock by the TV next time.

7 comments:

d. moll, l.ac. said...

Can you see us waving to you as you go through Santa Cruz?

Thomma Lyn said...

Wow, that sounds very nifty! :)

RoadBunner said...

Ah, Big Sur. LOTS of hills there, I'm sure!!

Glenna said...

Do you still run as well? You haven't mentioned your runs lately. Or your healthy cooking!

RG said...

Oh Yes ... did you see The Spots??

My gosh - some great DVD's there.

Bobkat said...

That sounds cool but the lack of a counter would frustrate me too.

Hope you had a lovely Christmas : )

Dr. J said...

I've driven that route and it's one of the most beautiful drives in the world! I have to be jealous of whoever makes their living making those videos!
But the way, as an artist I've done several life size and larger ceramic rabbits! People seem to like them. You understand, it's a rabbit thing :-)