Friday, September 23, 2005

Update

It's 7:45 pm, candles, lanterns and flashlights are staged, so far, so good.

I wish they'd hurry and update the probabilities map, but on TV they're still saying a hit to the east around 2 am. They're saying we can expect 50-60 mph winds with gusts up to 75, or maybe even less if we're lucky. Doesn't sound too bad.

Bush Intercontinental Airport is reporting winds in the 50s, but I don't know if that's what we're having here. I only know we went for a little walk around the complex to take a few pictures of the sunset storm clouds and it was pretty blustery.

The lady on the news says we could lose power at any moment, as tree limbs come down. I'm hoping she's wrong, but I'll go ahead and post this now, just in case.

1 comment:

Tracy said...

Gah!!! I got goosebumps reading this! Here's hoping you guys stay safe out there! Will be thinking about you and chekcing up all weekend.