Sunday, April 20, 2008

Sunday Check-In

Well, the stress of the last three weeks must’ve caught up to me. I have a very nasty crick in my neck. It's so bad that it was hard to back the car out of my long, narrow driveway today because I couldn't turn my head.

The funny thing is that I haven’t felt particularly stressed during this year’s budget cycle—it’s just been a constant daily overload of things that needed doing. But now I’ve got a backlog both at the office and at home, and I’m not looking forward to digging out. I carry my stress in my neck and shoulders, which is probably why I’ve got this problem now.

Since it’s Administrative Professionals week, I picked up some potted flowers, candy, and cool little pocket notepads for my staff. I took everything to the office today, since it would be a hassle to walk to work with it in the morning, along with everything else I carry. I’m always wary of doing anything for this particular holiday, since it evolved out of Secretary’s Day and some professionals are a little offended by it, not wanting to be seen as mere secretaries. But it was the efforts of my staff that enabled me to put in my three weeks in the budget trenches and I would’ve done something nice for them even if there wasn’t a Hallmark holiday this week. So there.

Not much else is happening here. I'm just trying not to worry too much about all the things I need to get done before we go on vacation in a few weeks. Vacation is so stressful that I swear if it was up to me I'd probably spend most of my vacations right here at home getting caught up on things and then getting deliciously bored so that returning to work would be a relief!

I'm all ready for the week now, though. I spent a couple hours in the kitchen today, so at least I won't be worrying about what to eat!

Today’s Cooking
• Carrot Bread
• Carrot Cookies (again)
• Penne Casserole (using pasta from a previous meal)
• Fried Rice (using leftover rice from the week)
• Black Beans with Garlic and Tomato
• Curried Zucchini
• Steamed Rice
• Hard Boiled Eggs

Today’s Workout
2 hour spin

5 comments:

the Bag Lady said...

Your cooking sounds yummy - now I'm hungry!
Hope your neck feels better soon. Hate it when that happens.

Crabby McSlacker said...

Yeah, I hate the neck crick thing too. Hope it gets better soon.

And I sure hope that no one would be offended by getting nice gestures of appreciation!

RG said...

You want stress???

Wait until we all show up for dinner, what with all that great stuff.

Plus we'll all bring our bunnies for a play date too.

Bunny Girl ... come back, come back ...

Anonymous said...

I hope the crick is better! Those things are awful. And oh, your cooking sounds so scrumptious!

I hope things will be settling down for you stress-wise. :)

Una said...

I know you're stressed and all, but if you're ever bored (ha!!), you may want to consider a food blog with your recipes.

Because I'm greedy! :D

I'm so sorry your neck is stuck, I hate when that happens! I hope it's worked itself out now.

You are very sweet to your Admins! I didn't know they had a week's appreciation!