Monday, August 09, 2010

Monday Bunday: Graphic!

Last Friday, I became the proud owner of a Wacom Bamboo graphics tablet. What fun! I spent the weekend learning how to use it with the bundled software, which includes Corel Painter Essentials. This allows one to paint and sketch freehand:












Or take an existing photo:
















Convert it into a sketch:















And then paint it using different colors and effects:















Don't tell Cadbury, okay? He might be upset to learn he's on his way to becoming the new Blue Bunny mascot.

Have a fun and creative week, friends!

13 comments:

Crafty Green Poet said...

that looks like fun, I like your sketches too!

The Fab Furs said...

Cool tablet! Cadbury says he wants the same kind of creative deal Wegman's weimaraners get.

Leah J. Utas said...

It looks like fun. I'm sure Cadbury would come around.

Hef's Mom said...

Cool bunny sketch!

Lisa said...

Both are beautiful. Did you get Cadbury's permission before colorizing him Purple? at least you're not dying him. I read that dying dogs to look like other animals is the new craze in China or Japan, can't remember which.

Erin said...

Cool!

RG said...

Cadbury, Blubury, whatever ... that looks like a lot of fun and good bye serious projects for awhile!!!

the Bag Lady said...

Way cool!
Love your sketch, and I'm sure Cadbury will be okay with being blue, really!

Glenna said...

How cool! Boo Bunny!

Kathleen @ ForgingAhead said...

What fun! Your freehand drawing is beautiful.

Thomma Lyn said...

Wow, sounds like so much fun. I love your drawing, and the effects on the photo of Cadbury are way cool. :)

RoadBunner said...

I like your sketch! Beats the boyfriend's magnadoodle Mario :)

dguzman said...

That top sketch is awesome! I'd love to have a print of it!

My word verif is hotest, as in "Niblet thinks Lola's the hotest!"