Monday, August 16, 2010

Monday Bunday: Screen Test

One of the dilemmas of bunny ownership is that you may want to close off areas of your house to your rabbit, but the most obvious choice of barrier - a baby gate - is unacceptable because rabbits can easily chew through plastic.

What I needed to keep Cadbury in his room was a fireplace grate, and this past weekend I found a perfect one at a garage sale. It's very heavy, and if positioned correctly it's very stable as well. A four pound rabbit sure isn't going to be able to knock it over, and it's unlikely our cat will, either.

After getting the screen positioned, I witnessed this scene:

















Be nice, kids. No taunting.

Have a great week, everyone!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish there was such civility over at my place! Buttons constantly growls and tries to box Sherry through the baby gate lol!

Have Cadbury and Lola met face-to-face?

the Bag Lady said...

Clever idea! I hope they learn to get along well together.

Erin said...

How are they doing? Are they getting along?

The Fab Furs said...

Psst..Lola, free me and I'll show you where she hides the catnip.

Tamsin said...

That's a clever idea and looks neater than a baby gate too. Scamp has a metal baby gate but he's so long and thin it has to be covered to stop him oozing through.. though it still tends to clear the top when he's in the right mood.

Lisa said...

Yay! I'm going to try a metal baby gate, we'll see if the bars are narrowly spaced enough. I'm hoping just the conceptual boundary will help them learn where they belong (yeah right).

How IS the new kitty???

The Bunns said...

"Hey Cadbury - let's do the old "You hit it high, I'll hit it low" routine. That ought to work!!!

solarity said...

I have a fire screen I acquired by the side of the road that I use as a dog gate. Quite sturdy.

Mary Anne in Kentucky

Glenna said...

LOL! We should buy stock in baby gates: we have five I think.

d. moll, l.ac. said...

LOL we have a screen too, it's outside and keeps the bunnies from the outdoor wiring......

Thomma Lyn said...

hehe! Sometimes I think we need a gate between Dorydoo and MaoMao... ;)