Sunday, April 09, 2006

Sunday Night Blues

How am I not looking forward to Monday? Let me count the ways:

  • Meeting at 9:00

  • Meeting at 10:30

  • Meeting at 1:00

  • Meeting at 3:00 where I've been asked to present


Well. Am I just the most popular girl in the class, or what?

When am I supposed to actually do my job tomorrow? When am I supposed to reconcile March accounts? When am I supposed to eat? And more importantly, when am I supposed to goof off? With a meeting schedule like this, you just know there will be at least one major crisis that will throw everything else into tizzy. Guaranteed.

So what are the chances I can develop the Bird Flu in the next 12 hours? Just the 24 hour variety, of course. Nothing too serious.

I know, you're probably wondering why I don't just cancel a meeting or two. I've thought about it. But they're all meetings that I want to see happen. Each one of them, except the mandatory 3:00, is one I've been trying to schedule for over a week now so I can get information I need in order to move forward on stalled projects. So in a way, this suits my purpose. If I survive tomorrow, I should be able to have a hugely productive week and make a lot of progress on all three of my major projects. I might even bring a couple of them to a conclusion by Friday.

But… a whole day spent in meetings? There's something very sick and twisted about that. Isn't this why the Roman Empire fell? Oh, wait-- that was noun declensions. Equally abhorrent, but quite different.

I guess tomorrow calls for a suit, don’t you think?

Recent Workouts
Sunday: 30 minute elliptical, 45 minute core and strength training

3 comments:

Norma said...

I loved my job (retired in 2000) but the one thing I don't miss is the meetings. I think I wrote a blog about it. Unfortunately, they are the "job."

Jill said...

I hate meetings. Many of them last too long, people get off course ALL the time, and it takes away from what I really should be doing. Hope all goes well and that you get what you need out of them.

Una said...

Ugh... hate days like that! Hope it all went well. I bet you looked smashing in your suit!