Sunday, April 09, 2006

Sunday Night Blues

How am I not looking forward to Monday? Let me count the ways:

  • Meeting at 9:00

  • Meeting at 10:30

  • Meeting at 1:00

  • Meeting at 3:00 where I've been asked to present


Well. Am I just the most popular girl in the class, or what?

When am I supposed to actually do my job tomorrow? When am I supposed to reconcile March accounts? When am I supposed to eat? And more importantly, when am I supposed to goof off? With a meeting schedule like this, you just know there will be at least one major crisis that will throw everything else into tizzy. Guaranteed.

So what are the chances I can develop the Bird Flu in the next 12 hours? Just the 24 hour variety, of course. Nothing too serious.

I know, you're probably wondering why I don't just cancel a meeting or two. I've thought about it. But they're all meetings that I want to see happen. Each one of them, except the mandatory 3:00, is one I've been trying to schedule for over a week now so I can get information I need in order to move forward on stalled projects. So in a way, this suits my purpose. If I survive tomorrow, I should be able to have a hugely productive week and make a lot of progress on all three of my major projects. I might even bring a couple of them to a conclusion by Friday.

But… a whole day spent in meetings? There's something very sick and twisted about that. Isn't this why the Roman Empire fell? Oh, wait-- that was noun declensions. Equally abhorrent, but quite different.

I guess tomorrow calls for a suit, don’t you think?

Recent Workouts
Sunday: 30 minute elliptical, 45 minute core and strength training

3 comments:

Norma said...

I loved my job (retired in 2000) but the one thing I don't miss is the meetings. I think I wrote a blog about it. Unfortunately, they are the "job."

Jill said...

I hate meetings. Many of them last too long, people get off course ALL the time, and it takes away from what I really should be doing. Hope all goes well and that you get what you need out of them.

From Here to There said...

Ugh... hate days like that! Hope it all went well. I bet you looked smashing in your suit!