Saturday, December 20, 2008

Saturday Check-In

In spite of my best efforts, I managed to come down with a cold this week, missing out on the snowflake-making at work on Wednesday and not enjoying the Thursday party very much. But it was not a total loss. I spent almost all of Wednesday in bed and went home early Thursday because I still wasn’t one hundred percent. As a result, I got over this bug pretty fast and it didn’t move into my chest and team up with my asthma to give me a case of bronchitis, which is always my big concern when I get sick.

I was well enough today to go for a run, although I kept it short by my standards, only 12.5 miles. I had a hankering to run at Memorial Park, so I went there, with a detour to my bank and back. It would’ve been a solid run except for a persistent cramp in my right hip that had been there since I was sick earlier this week. I think it was caused by all that inactivity!

Two more workdays and I’m off until the January 2nd! Already I’ve got three weeks’ worth of projects for a week and a half of vacation! Yay, me?

4 comments:

Hef's Mom said...

Hef's dad is off from christmas eve to the 5th, just about the same break. Lucky buns getting extra human time!

the Bag Lady said...

Sorry to hear you've been sick! Hope you are all healed up now.

Susan Helene Gottfried said...

I had NOTHING to do with those cold germs. Hear me???

And yes, the hip pain could be due to inactivity. I am a MESS after most of the past two weeks off.

RoadBunner said...

I'm glad you got over your cold quickly. I wish I was doing 12 miles!