Saturday, May 13, 2006

Bruises and Bargains

Today was gorgeous running weather, so of course I managed to hurt my foot yesterday and couldn't run today. Isn't that just the way of it? What made it even more annoying was that today was the Art Car Parade, so I missed my annual opportunity to run up Allen Parkway and admire all the cars lined up to head into downtown. If I had remembered about the parade, I might have just decided to run the bayou trails anyway, so it may have been for the best that I forgot. If I don't do anything stupid tonight like go blundering into the furniture, I think I can try a cautious run on level ground tomorrow morning. Running the uneven, hilly bayou trails today while gawking at art cars would have probably been a recipe for disaster.

After lunch today, Dan and I went to our LBS to wish the owner well. This was his last weekend. He's closing up shop and moving to Galveston. We met the new shop owner and browsed what was left of the current inventory. Everything was 50% off and much to my delight, a Louis Garneau jersey that I'd had my eye on for the longest time was still there! At $70, there was no way I would've bought it. Not when I already have plenty of bike jerseys. But at $35 it was a steal and like I said, I'd been admiring it for a very long time. Now I just need to quit being so lazy about getting that rear wheel looked at, so I can go out and ride.

Man, what a week I had! It's funny how things can putter along at the office for weeks at a time without much excitement and then suddenly all heck breaks loose and I'm really earning that paycheck. Several projects and crises came up at once, but by the end of next week the worst should be over. In fact, it could even be that the worst has already passed. I stayed late every day this past week, did some work from home, and spent a lot of time on the phone and in meetings with people so I could hopefully get ahead of the game. We'll see on Monday how that turned out.

Today's Workout
90 minutes elliptical, 30 minutes treadmill (nursing a very nasty bruise to my foot)

1 comment:

Una said...

90 minutes on the ellip is foot numbing! good for you!

I must know which jersey you bought! I have my eye on the Lucky Charms one... :D

Hope your foot heals quickly!