Thursday, May 25, 2006

Quickie Mid-Week Post

Just a quick update, since I'm such a slacker...

I'm tentatively scheduling my vacation for the weeks of June 5 and 12, pending completion of various urgent projects here at the office. We're hoping to do a lot of hiking and camping, but I've read some speculation that NM will be putting some restrictions on park use due to drought conditions. So I guess we'll see how that turns out. I'm looking forward to travelling Route 66, though. That's a big part of this year's plan-- it'll be a serious road trip this time!

As for my biggest and most urgent work project, I'm about to face serious Vendor Wrath for having figured out why we do not owe a major software vendor $800K. My boss is very pleased, but... oh, let's not even start on the fallout from this one when a certain big corporation realizes we've trumped them with their own vaguely-worded contract!

Lessee... my work on my new novel has slowed down a bit. My main character must've figured out I plan to kill her off or something. But I've finally put enough distance between myself and Tin Soldier that I can do some constructive editing. That makes me happy. I hate the "can't see the mistakes" phase, which is typically followed by the "this is a load of crap" phase. Gotta get through both of those in order for good things to start happening again.

My hip hasn't been any trouble this week, although one of my longstanding weird little ankle pains has cropped up again. But this is a known entity and not of any major concern. I'm just disappointed that it's now too hot and humid after work to go for a run outside. I'm going to have to start going to Memorial Park at night, I guess. It's either that or the dreadmill.

And finally, YES, I do have more bunny pics! I'll try to post tonight or tomorrow. I've been seriously behind schedule and Tidbit wants it made clear that the fault is not with her, but with her slacker owner.

Recent Workouts
Sunday: 7 mile run
Monday: 30 minute elliptical
Tuesday: rest
Wednesday: 45 minute elliptical

1 comment:

Jill said...

We want bunny pics!

We want bunny pics!!