Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Meetings, etc.

I got called into an end-of-day meeting today that ended up being pretty nice. It lasted only an hour. It started on time, ended on time and stayed relevant throughout. About halfway through the meeting, a nice-looking young man showed up and gave us all cookies. Now, why aren't more meetings like this? All we needed was for someone to come and massage our feet, and it would've been perfect!

Things are maybe getting a little better at work. I'm starting to see some a dim light at the end of the tunnel. If all goes well tomorrow, I can probably have all the most urgent matters wrapped up by the end of this week. I do hope our planned reorganization happens soon. It would mean that the next time a convoluted contract-related matter like this comes up, it won't be my problem. And next year's budget cycle wouldn't be my worry either, except in a peripheral way.

In other news, I went for a bayou run yesterday. The weather has been so nice that it would've been absurd not to do it. It was my first time on the trails in awhile, and it was a lovely day for it, with temps in the low 80s and a nice breeze. I have a feeling we won't see temps like that again until fall, so I'm glad I got out there and enjoyed it.

I would have liked to have done the same thing today, but for some reason I was just really tired. I feel like I'm fighting off a cold, although I'm hoping it's just allergies. Normally I wouldn't mind an excuse to stay home, but there's just too much happening right now and I'm too close to being done. If it turns out I am sick, maybe I'll make a point of sneezing and coughing on the people who are annoying me. Then they'll stay home and I'll get my work done faster.

Recent Workout
Tuesday: 5 mile run

4 comments:

Cliff said...

I hope you are feeling better. I always worry when i get that cold feeling.

Rice said...

I have good meeting like that some times but when they come in and start rubing your feet? Thats when I start to wake up. I close my eyes tight and scream to myself to fall back asleep I so wish my meetings were like that.

Cheers.

Rice

Rachel said...

Sounds like those runs are keeping you sane. Glad to hear work will ease up a bit. Hope you just need a good night's rest and aren't getting a cold!

Comm's said...

if only all meetings could be on time and have cookies.