Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Travel Plans















I'm off to Marble Falls in the Texas Hill Country on Friday! I'm going for a three-day workshop where I'll be working on some of the skills my fictional characters have, such as horsemanship and archery. I'm also looking forward to doing some running up there. It's beautiful country and some of the wildflowers should be in bloom, although it's still a little early for bluebonnets.

I was having trouble making up my mind if I should go up Thurdsay evening or Friday morning, and which route to take. But I've concluded that I'll have to deal with traffic, no matter what I do, and I'd rather have an extra day here at home to get my stuff together.

So Friday morning it is. Bright and early, too! But I've decided that if I get there a little late, so what? At most I might miss part of the optional orientation. Big deal. This is supposed to be fun and relaxing, a nice change of scenery and of activities from what I normally do on the weekend.

So I'm not going to sweat the small stuff.

I'll have my laptop and camera, so I'll post pics if I can!

Recent Workouts
Monday: 30 minute elliptical
Tuesday: 45 minute spin
Wednesday: 3.5 mile run

11 comments:

pacatrue said...

It's great that you didn't choose characters who were accountants or grad students. That would be hell.

Ann (bunnygirl) said...

Oh, not really, since I've been through grad school and my work is mostly in fund accounting.

But you're right it would make for lousy research trips, if I thought I needed to know more.

Now if my characters were in the sewage business or were garbage-pickers in Brazilian favelas... well, yuck. :-p

pacatrue said...

Ah, I used to DREAM about being a garbage-picker in Brazilian favelas....

Ann (bunnygirl) said...

Weirdo Paca! ;-)

What if I wrote about TAX accountants! Eeeek!!! :-0

Stacia said...

You too, Pacatrue?


I'm so jealous. I never get to go anywhere. And I want to do horsemanship and archery. (Actually my husband really wants to learn archery. I want to learn fencing.)

Ann (bunnygirl) said...

December, this is a women's program through Texas Parks and Wildlife. Do a search on your local equivalent of the parks association and see if they have anything similar. You might be surprised. And at least for the program I'm doing, it's stupidly cheap-- 3 days, meals, cabins and activities included, $185. I can't get a good hotel room for that price!

LauraHinNJ said...

Sounds like fun - enjoy yourself and take pics if you can!

Moby Dick said...

Have lots of fun, and then have more!

Talia said...

Horsemanship and archery - that sounds fun. Have a great weekend

TitanThirteen said...

Have a good trip! Is Tidbit coming too? Try not to eat too much crap along the way :o)

Ellie Hamilton said...

Have a great trip!