Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Maelstrom Bunny Benefit - Thoughts Needed!

I'm thinking of doing a bunny benefit, both to help rabbits and to promote my Maelstrom fiction site. I'm envisioning this taking about four weeks, start to finish.

Week One: Story in which the band decides to look for a rabbit charity to support. (I've already written this story, btw.) I will be soliciting reader recommendations as to favorite bunny charities.

Week Two: Voting! I'll post a poll so readers can vote on which charity we'll be donating to.

Week Three: Donate! I'll post a story about the band's benefit concert and I'll pledge a certain amount (yet to be determined) for each comment. There will also be a link for readers to make donations of their own.

Week Four: Final story of the series, in which the band donates the proceeds and one band member decides to adopt a bunny of his own.

What I need from you, my bunny blogger peeps (and friends of bunnies), is some feedback. I don't want to do this until I have the artwork for the Maelstrom website, so we're looking at one or two weeks at the earliest before we could begin. That puts us near February. Since February is a short month, how about we make this an Easter deal? I could post the first story sometime in March and we'll wrap it up shortly before Easter.

Thoughts?

12 comments:

Thomma Lyn said...

I think around Easter would be the perfect time to hold a bunny benefit! And it sounds like a lot of fun. :-D I'll bun about it on my blog. I mean I'll blog about it on my bun. Wait. I'll blog about it on my blog. ;-D

the Bag Lady said...

Easter is PERFECT for a benefit for bunnies!!
What a great idea.

Missicat said...

Sounds like a fabulous idea!

RoadBunner said...

February is "Adopt a Rescued Rabbit" month, I believe. But March/Easter is very fitting (and gives you more time).

Glenna said...

Easter sounds great. We should also have an Easter bonnet contest (bonnets worn by the buns, of course). Easter Bunnet!

RG said...

Sounds like a plan ...

Do you think Maelstrom can pass the bunny-adoption interview process?

d. moll, l.ac. said...

Sounds like good timing. I think I know who will adopt a bun.........

Ann (bunnygirl) said...

RG, it will Nevin, the fairy keyboardist who wants a rabbit and I'm pretty sure he'll have no difficulties.

Bobkat said...

Good idea! The extra time will give you time to prepare and people should also have more time on their hands around Easter to visit and contribute :) Good luck!

Thanks for your thoughtful comments BTW :) I'm healing nicley but can't wait to get de-stapled!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great plan!

And since it's Easter time, the band can use this opportunity to send out a message against buying rabbits on impulse just because it's Easter :)

Bobkat said...

Hi! I'm just popping by to reply to your question you left me.

I did get some cool scarves. One long black chiffon, and two long thin sparkly ones (One silver and black and one bronze and gold) which are kind of stripey and have a diamond crotchet (sp?) look.

Thanks for popping by. You've been great!

Anita said...

Great idea! I would like can help you, but I don´t know Bunny Charity Supports in your country.

Good luck!