Saturday, January 24, 2009

Running, Kitchens, and Bunnies

One expects the weather people to make wrong predictions a week, or even a few days out, but this morning they were mystifyingly off-base, and even the 6:30 am forecast for the morning was wrong. The 7 mph winds and high-fifties temps I dressed for were instead low-fifties with winds of at least 15 mph and strong gusts. I had a good run anyway, and even took in a garage sale, but came home chilled in that way that one feels for hours afterwards.

In household news, the kitchen faucet broke last night. It was original to the house and over fifty years old. Due to the design of the sink area, there is no way to install anything of a newer design without doing a complete remodel. Problem is that a faucet similar to the one that broke must be ordered special because stores don’t stock them.

So in the meantime we have no water to our kitchen sink. We also, due to the arrangement of our 1950s kitchen, have no dishwasher. And did I mention yet that we usually save our dirty dishes during the week and wash them on the weekend? Luckily we have a full-size kitchen sink in the studio, but it’s going to be a hassle to carry everything out there and back. It could be worse, but that doesn’t mean I have to like it.

I ordered some more art for the Maelstrom site, and the artist did a preliminary sketch that I like. She won’t be able to start on the colorization until after next week, but I should have the finished product by the second week of February. The art will illustrate the first chapter of the novel, which I’ll post on the website.

And speaking of Maelstrom, I hope everyone is thinking of what bunny charity we should sponsor. I’m thinking of offering prizes to donors, and have already sounded out Rabbits' Guy, who is considering self-publishing a bunny book that I think would make a great prize. If anyone else has ideas for prizes, let me know. The Bunny Benefit Bash will begin sometime in March.

5 comments:

d. moll, l.ac. said...

I could donate a rabbit print.......

Thomma Lyn said...

Oh goodness, I'm so sorry that your kitchen faucet broke! What a pain in the butt about having to take your dishes to the studio to do them.

Looking forward to seeing more Maelstrom art! The artist is doing a great job. :)

YowlYY said...

That with the kitchen mishap is a bit of a pain...have you thought of organising the transport of dirty dishes with a wheeled trolley, like those used by butlers in the past?

Re prizes: I can knit some bunnies to donate. Let me know if it is acceptable :)

Erin said...

I suggest paper plate and plastic utensils! We lived with those for a month while our kitchen was being remodeled!

Vickie said...

I actually have a 1940s kitchen, that "fortunately" was updated in the 70s (decor only). Ah yes, orange, gold, and avacado green is here to stay.