Saturday, January 10, 2009

Med Center Run

I was a little unsure how to prepare for this morning's run. A cool front was supposed to move through mid-morning, dropping temps and possibly bringing rain. At 7:00 am, not only was the temp 71 (higher than predicted), but there was no rain on the doppler. This made me skeptical that temps would change as predicted, but I took a long-sleeved shirt with me, tied at my waist, just in case.

As it turned out, the extra shirt was a wise move. Not only did the front move through earlier than promised, but instead of dropping temps into the low sixties, it dropped into the fifties. I would've been so screwed if I had gotten caught six miles from home in just shorts and a shimmel. (Okay, I had shoes and a cap, too.) And lucky for me, it didn't even rain, although the sky gave me moments of doubt.

One of the places I checked out today on my run was this fountain plaza that I read about earlier in the week. I had seen the entry to it on previous runs but wasn't so curious I wanted to cross a busy street to check it out. I did today though, and it was...odd. Nice lines and symmetry, but it's so out of the way, its colonnade leading to nowhere, that you find yourself wondering why it's there at all. The view of the Burger King across the street doesn't help much, either. Oh, well. At least I've seen it, and it might be a nice place to stop for a rest on hot summer runs. Since it seems pretty deserted, I bet I could even cool off in the fountains without anyone noticing.

That's all the weekend excitement so far. And since I like quiet, I'm hoping it stays that way.

Cadbury, of course, is all about excitement. He says this place is too quiet and is annoyed that the party hasn't started yet!












What do you mean, no party tonight?

8 comments:

Glenna said...

I clicked on the picture, and that IS a strange area. I'm picturing you cooling off in the fountain--LOL. And poor bun--no party tonight!

Thomma Lyn said...

Are you sure that Mao and Cadbury aren't, in actuality, the same creature, only shapeshifting? Mao's all about excitement, too. If he can't find it, he'll make it! As in whap *CRASH* (aw heck, what's he gotten into now??). ;)

Ann (bunnygirl) said...

Thomma, I've never seen a bunny change gears so fast! He'll be lying at my feet or in his tent, then suddenly he's everywhere! I stop him from chewing a book, he decides to practice jumping on and off the bed, then he decides he's going to get out of the room and claws on the door for awhile, then I stop him from that and he decides he's going to mess with my slippers. I put my feet up. He jumps up. I put my feet down. He jumps down. I push him away...

Just when I think he'll never stop, he'll flop at my feet like that's all he really wanted.

Yeah, right, buddy.

the Bag Lady said...

That is a very interesting-looking fountain, but it looks like it belongs elsewhere.
Cadbury sounds a little bi-polar. One of my cats is like that. Very amusing.

Anonymous said...

Keep the rents on their toes Cadbury! You can come over here to my warren and help me demolish Mom's slippers....

RG said...

How about a Maelstrom event at the plaza?

Cadbury is a little pistolerio!

Ann (bunnygirl) said...

Actually, RG, I've got a tentative plan for how Maelstrom's bunny benefit would work and I'll probably post it mid-week and ask for feedback. It'll probably happen closer to Easter, when bunnies are more on people's minds.

RoadBunner said...

Wow! 70's to the 50's (another phenomena not seen in Hawaii). Glad you dressed right.

Cadbury is turning into quite the party bun.