Friday, January 05, 2007

It's Official!

I got my bib number today: 4059.

Still no signs of illness. Still no further aggravation of existing injuries or indications of any new ones. Got two new rolls of kinesio tape delivered this week, just in case. Weather looks like it'll be okay-- possible showers, but temps in the 70s, so a little rain won't be a big problem if it happens. I'm well-stocked on asthma meds, too, after having quite a time getting a refill on my Singulair over the holiday break.

After so many things going wrong in other years, from weather to tendonitis to bronchitis, it's starting to look like it might really happen this year. Maybe I'm fated to only be able to run this marathon when it falls on my birthday!

I'm taking another Airborne before I head off to a meeting this morning, just in case.

Nine days to go!

6 comments:

Una said...

Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeee!! Keep the positive vibe going! :D

TX Runner Mom said...

Woohoo, glad things are going well! I ran Houston on my birthday in 2004..I wrote "It's my Birthday" on the back of my shirt and my friends who used to live at the mile 5 marker had a huge birthday sign for me...it was great! In fact, they pulled out that sign again last year, even though it wasn't my birthday yet. A finisher's medal makes an awesome b-day gift too! :-)

i am Susan said...

That'll be your good luck number. I am sure you'll do awesome

Moby Dick said...

This is what you have been training for! Think positive, pray a little, and you will see that everything will work out and you will have fun and a great run!

Puggyspice said...

Glad things are looking good, and can't wait to hear how your run goes. You sound excited!

Tyler thanks you for visiting and your thoughts. ((Pug kiss))

LauraHinNJ said...

Good luck to you!