Thursday, January 11, 2007

So Far, So Good!

I’ve made it through a very busy workweek, with no signs of illness, other than some sniffles, which I think are allergy-related. I got my massage, I have no new aches and pains, and other than the continued threat of rain this weekend, things are looking good for the marathon!

I’m taking Friday off so I can go to the Expo and run some errands. I don’t want to be stressing about anything on Saturday, except where to go for pasta, and whether or not it will rain on Sunday. The weather reports still show a strong likelihood of showers or thunderstorms, but the temperature predictions have been going up, so that’s good. Rain is bad enough without it being cold, too. I’d much rather it not be raining, though. My kinesio tape is waterproof, but when I did my 23-miler, it wasn’t holding on too well at the end. Rain plus an additional three miles could get weird, since I’m at least 30% tape these days.

It won’t be much longer now! Just two more days of germ paranoia, then I can run my “little” 26.2 and celebrate having finally made it back to this race after so many years of something always going wrong.

Just two more days…

Recent Workouts
Monday: 30 minute elliptical
Tuesday: rest (massage day)
Wednesday: 30 minute elliptical
Thursday: rest (was supposed to be a workout day, but late day at the office instead)

1 comment:

Moby Dick said...

Good luck on your marathon, it should be a wonderful empowering experience!