Saturday, January 13, 2007

Off To The Races!

I had a low-key day today. I went to the Y, soaked in the hot tub and did some stretches in the sauna. Then I picked up some pasta and bread pudding to bring home and have been working my way through that the rest of the day. I spent the afternoon working on the next posting to Diana’s Diary. I’ll have that out before midnight so I can turn in early.

My lungs have been a little troublesome for the last two days, but I think it’s just allergies. The weather has been unseasonably warm and I’ve been having sinus issues, too. Maybe the coming cold weather will put a stop to all that.

My right foot and ankle aren’t 100%, and I still haven’t gotten completely over the hip/IT band issues I’ve been dealing with for the last two months. So I’m taping up tonight. That way the adhesive will have a chance to set before tomorrow morning. When I did my 23-miler, I taped the same morning and it wasn’t holding on too well at the end.

I’m getting my gear together tonight. It’s funny, but if I were running from my front door, I could have all my stuff together in about fifteen minutes, tops. But instead, I’m packing like I’m off for Siberia in the morning. Part of that, though, is the fault of the weather people. I still can’t get consistent weather reports— different sites contradict each other.

If I don’t get rained on, the plan is to change clothes right after the marathon and go straight to lunch. I’m packing my triathlon transition bag with that in mind. But if I’m chilled and wet at the finish, I’ll have Dan bring me home for a shower first.

But I’m rambling now. And I still have things to pack. Off to Siberia, you know. Or rather, off to the races.

See you on the other side of the finish line!

No comments: