Tuesday, January 23, 2007

May Cause Dizziness

That’s what the label on my prescription says.

I went to the doc this morning—a previously scheduled appointment to get my asthma meds renewed, and had her check out my respiratory infection while I was there. She found fluid in my ears and in my lungs... oh the fun!

She prescribed a decongestant called Entex, for which the pharmacy substituted something called Pseudovent. I don’t know that I want pseudo anything for my lungs. I want the real stuff, damn it!

The doc also prescribed antibiotics and corticosteroids, saying that she doesn’t like her asthmatic patients to go for very long with something like this—it’s pneumonia and bronchitis waiting to happen. But I hate taking antibiotics and she said I could wait a couple days to see if the decongestant clears it up. I sure hope it does.

She also said no running. Yeah, I had to ask. I haven’t been running, even though I want to, but I had been hoping maybe I was being overly cautious.

Well, if I’m dizzy from my meds, it’s just as well. I don’t want to end up in the bayou or flying off the back of the dreadmill, after all.

Being sick sucks, especially when you don’t actually feel sick.

Gonna go be dizzy now.

8 comments:

momo said...

oooh, my husband has to take all that stuff for his sinuses. take it very carefully on the meds and be good to yourself. hope you feel better soon!

LauraHinNJ said...

Hey - I'm dizzy all the time. You'll get used to it. ;-)

Seriously, hope it clears up without anymore meds.

Stacia said...

I'm in the same boat--sick as a dog just at the moment, and my lungs are making awful noises when I breathe. So I'm off to the doctor in an hour.

TitanThirteen said...

That all sounds very aweful! I hope you get better really soon! [[HUGS]]

TX Runner Mom said...

Being sick sucks! Hope you're feeling better soon!

Una said...

Oh boo! That's so crappy. I hope you can get some relief and won't need the antibiotics. Rest lots.

Susan Gets Native said...

I'm sitting in that boat with you.
Bronchitis with the beginnings of pneumonia. Weird how good a "productive" cough can feel, huh?

This is my first visit to your blog, though I have seen your comments on Laura's for a long time.
I will be back!
Bunnies, bunnies....does EVERYONE have a bunny?

Ann (bunnygirl) said...

I don't know if everyone has a bunny, but I feel pretty sure everyone SHOULD! :-D