Friday, December 03, 2004

Tired

Well, after my Thursday evening at the gym and no nap, it was all I could do to stay awake today. Ginseng, sugar and caffeine weren't even touching this! I had an hour to kill between campus meetings so I came home and picked up Tidbit's hay from the leasing office, since I wasn't sure if I'd be working late and might not get home in time to pick it up. I didn't want Dan picking up any packages because I was worried one of his Christmas presents might have been delivered. As it turned out, it hadn't been. Maybe he isn't on Santa's "Good" list, after all.

So after I got my packages, I took a 20 minute nap. I've always been skeptical of those stories that say a 20 minute nap is "refreshing" and that more than 20 minutes makes you sluggish. Ha! They obviously haven't met me! I was dragging just as bad afterwards as before, only now with sheet wrinkles on my face. Great. My other meeting ended up being cancelled, so it didn't matter. I was too eager to get back to bed to really care. But on a less immediate level, I'm irked. The CIO won't sign payment docs unless we show up with them in person. Then he regularly cancels the meetings. WTF? At some point, someone is going to have to develop a sense of perspective about this. Someone besides little unimportant me, that is.

Dan came home with a rumor that my department is aquiring part of another department. I can see the logic of it, but I don't know what to think. If it's true and no one on the inside told me in advance, does that mean I'm on someone's blacklist? I'd like us to aquire more people because then I can justify asking for a promotion. But if I'm being kept in the dark...

Well, it's no use dwelling on such things. It'll only ruin my weekend and I'll be no better informed for it.

Tomorrow I'm going to try to run again. The plan is to run 9 miles and do an hour on the elliptical trainer. Hopefully the rain will hold off and I can run at the park, but I'll use the treadmill if I have to. If I'm pain-free after tomorrow's workout I will start to feel very optimistic about the marathon, but I still think sub-four will be an unrealistic goal.

Today's Workouts
45 minutes abs and stretch cords

No comments: