Thursday, May 01, 2008

You Never Know...

So here I was sitting in my office feeling grumpy. I had a headache, I was short-staffed, over-tasked, and even the temp didn't show up. Grrr....

And then an ex-employee of mine walked in the door. I fought hard to keep her job for her while she struggled with personal issues and although she ultimately chose to move on, I always believed I had done the right thing.

She's much improved now and brought me flowers, little gifts and a card.

Totally not necessary, but damn-- here I was thinking my day sucked and I ended up with a very nice surprise.

You just never know.

10 comments:

dguzman said...

Good karma coming back at ya.

Marilyn MonREOW said...

Oh, Auntie Bunnygirl -- that's just lovely. I'm so glad. You're so right, you just never know what a day will bring!

Purrs and snuggles from Marilyn!

From Here to There said...

That's awesome. Yup, that's karma all right.

The Bunns said...

Hug yur Bunn!!!!

the Bag Lady said...

Awww - glad she came along and cheered up your day, just when you needed it. That's so cool! Yup, good karma.

Crabby McSlacker said...

That's so cool! Sounds like you had a really positive impact and it's nice to see it come back to cheer you up with excellent timing.

Thomma Lyn said...

What a pleasant surprise! Things like that can turn a blah or icky day into something really special. :)

Rachel said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rachel said...

You just never know when people will surprise you. Very nice.

archi's mum said...

that's just AWESOME