Thursday, May 01, 2008

You Never Know...

So here I was sitting in my office feeling grumpy. I had a headache, I was short-staffed, over-tasked, and even the temp didn't show up. Grrr....

And then an ex-employee of mine walked in the door. I fought hard to keep her job for her while she struggled with personal issues and although she ultimately chose to move on, I always believed I had done the right thing.

She's much improved now and brought me flowers, little gifts and a card.

Totally not necessary, but damn-- here I was thinking my day sucked and I ended up with a very nice surprise.

You just never know.

10 comments:

dguzman said...

Good karma coming back at ya.

Anonymous said...

Oh, Auntie Bunnygirl -- that's just lovely. I'm so glad. You're so right, you just never know what a day will bring!

Purrs and snuggles from Marilyn!

Una said...

That's awesome. Yup, that's karma all right.

The Bunns said...

Hug yur Bunn!!!!

the Bag Lady said...

Awww - glad she came along and cheered up your day, just when you needed it. That's so cool! Yup, good karma.

Crabby McSlacker said...

That's so cool! Sounds like you had a really positive impact and it's nice to see it come back to cheer you up with excellent timing.

Anonymous said...

What a pleasant surprise! Things like that can turn a blah or icky day into something really special. :)

Rachel said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rachel said...

You just never know when people will surprise you. Very nice.

Anonymous said...

that's just AWESOME