Monday, November 29, 2004

Domesticity

I spent this evening in the kitchen! A strange place for me to be, aside from the fact that the kitchen is so small. But I'm committed to cooking fresh foods instead of buying so much deli and frozen food, so I made a veggie lasagna and a butternut casserole tonight. They're easy dishes that don't require a lot of counter space, which is a good thing since I don't have any. One good thing about a small kitchen though, is that it forces you to be efficient and clean up after yourself right away. Back in my big kitchen on Woodhead, I had acres of counter space and while I cooked more, I also left more messes. If you leave so much as a teacup sitting out in my kitchen here, it looks like all hell broke loose.

I saw Mary after work today and got the knots worked out of my legs so I should be ready to start training again tomorrow. I was pretty bad off but I feel much better now. My foot aches a little because I didn't tape it up when I came home, but I'll tape it after my shower this evening and I'm sure it will be fine. I probably won't run again until the weekend, though. I'd rather save what I have for my long runs rather than risk an injury on a faster short run that won't do as much for my marathon preparation.

It was 80 degrees today and so humid I was wishing I had gills out there! It's nice to have the compression problem on the car fixed though, so I can run the a/c without having to worry that the engine will falter on idle. Anyone who read my earlier offer of an RX-7 is hereby notified that the offer is rescinded. The car runs great and I'm keeping it. For now, at least.

Work was quiet today. No one wanted to be there and I don't think anyone was feeling very motivated. I know I sure wasn't. I got a few things done, but not as much as I would've on an ordinary Monday. Well, there's always tomorrow.

Today's Workouts:
Morning: 45 minutes core, stretch cords

No comments: