Saturday, November 20, 2004

Rainy Day

I feel bad for anyone who had planned to do some sort of outdoor activity this morning, because it rained almost non-stop until nearly 11. The arch of my foot is still bothering me, so I had already planned to spend the morning on the trainer, so it was no big incovenience to me, at least. I went through three Spinervals and figured that was enough to be able to enjoy the Indian buffet for lunch. Is there anything better than saag paneer and some fresh hot naan?

I have discovered that taping my arch diminishes and even eliminates the pain, so I'm keeping it tightly taped now. Maybe I've been wrong to focus on massage, stretching, etc. My new strategy will be to keep it taped and immobilized so whatever is pulling will maybe have a chance to heal. Luckily it will be a short and slow week at work, so I can probably get away with dressing more casually and wearing shoes that won't make it obvious that my foot is bandaged. Thank goodness for the season change, too! Even though the weather hasn't been consistently cold, it's getting close enough to what passes for winter around here that I can wear black tights with my skirts and no one will think anything of it. The tights will hide the tape nicely.

I just hope this works and I can get back into my running soon. I don't know how I'll do the marathon if I can't train for it. I had been hoping to go under 4 hours this year, but there won't be much chance of that at this rate. If the tape seems to help though, I think I may go for a short run later this week and see if it might work well enough for me to resume training. If I can run pain-free with my arch taped, I'll just stay taped for the season. I can deal with that. What I can't deal with is all this down time from running.

Today's Workouts
3 hours bike (Spinervals): 7.0 Uphill Grind, 5.0 Mental Toughness, 1.0 No Slackers Allowed



No comments: