Sunday, November 21, 2004

Lazy

This was one of those days I just couldn't get motivated to do much of anything. I did an hour on the elliptical trainer and a little leg work at the Y, but that was it. Pretty lame, huh? Well, I wanted to swim but all the lanes at the Y were double-occupied and I didn't want to sit around all day waiting. And I probably would've done some more work at the gym tonight, except that I had a lot of cooking to do.

I did a butternut squash casserole tonight. For such a simple dish, it sure takes a long time, mostly in the cutting, cleaning and cooking of the squash itself. I've decided that cubing and steaming the squash is the best way to cook it. Baking is easier, but heats up the whole house-- not a desirable thing when you live where it never gets cold. After I did the squash I steamed some broccoli, yellow squash and zucchini for lunches this week and then cleaned the kitchen and ran the dishwasher. I would love cooking if my kitchen were any bigger than a shoebox. Well, you can't have everything.

I allowed the bunny to visit the bedroom this weekend. Actually, she darted past me and I just didn't feel like chasing her out. She had a great time investigating everything. She ended her visit by marking a few items by rubbing her chin on them. Tidbit is now the proud owner of a copy of Battle Cry of Freedom and a cowboy boot. What she plans to do with these items is anyone's guess.

No comments: