Saturday, November 27, 2004

On the road again!

The sport tape is working! Yay, me! I ran six miles today at the park with no pain. Well, no pain in my foot, at least. Plenty of other things were hurting from recent sessions on the bike and at the gym, but I don't count any of that. So I'm going to keep babying this foot, it's staying taped up at all times, and if all goes well I should be able to do my 20-22 miler on schedule in late December. I had hoped to go under 4 hours for this marathon, but since I haven't been able to do hills or speedwork, I'll just be happy to get there and finish without further injury.

Thanksgiving was good. I had dinner with Dan and my immediate family. My father wasn't there because he decided to spend a long Christmas break with us rather than two shorter breaks. I missed him, but I talked to him on the phone, so that was okay. Mom made a pie with the apples Dad sent her from the farm last month. It was great! There are some wild rabbits that feast on the windfall apples every autumn, and boy do they get a treat!

I'm enjoying this long break from work, but it sure is going by fast. It feels like I'm going and doing every second of the day. When I mentioned this to Dan, he said it's because I am going and doing all the time. Go figure.

Recent Workouts:
Thursday: Spinervals 9.0 Have Mercy, 45 minute abs, legs and upper body
Friday: Body Pump class, 700 meter swim, 3 mile walk
Saturday: Spinervals 5.0 Mental Toughness, 3 mile walk, 6 mile run

No comments: